Dr. Malati Das

Former IAS Officer & Chief Secretary
Planning & Statistics

Dr Malati Das has worked as an IAS officer in the state of Karnataka. She retired as Chief Secretary. As Additional Chief Secretary, Planning and Statistics, she developed the conceptual framework, and managed the preparation of the Karnataka Human Development Report 2005. As Secretary, Women and Child Development, she developed a gender action plan for the state known as the Karnataka Women's Development Plan. Dr. Das has worked with the World Bank as a consultant in Ethiopia, Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bangalore, and currently she is an advisor with Janaagraha

Dr. S.T. Ramesh

Former DG & IG, Karnataka

Dr S.T. Ramesh worked as an IPS officer in the state of Karnataka. He retired as the DGP of Karnataka in 2011. He was the Central Intelligence Office, Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, Deputy IG CID, & IG Police Computer Wing & State Crime Record Bureau, where he digitized the crime record of Karnataka. He represented India for various overseas programs related to police & security, including the Atlanta Olympics, 1996. He has also received various accolades viz. the President's Police Medal for Meritorious Service – Independence Day 1995, President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service – Independence Day 2007
  • 7 years ago

Hi,I applied for new pan card. pan card status is YOUR APPLICATION IS WITHHELD FOR PROCESSING.Objection marked - [ UID Authentication Mismatch and POI/POA/PDOB proof given as copy of AADHAAR ]. Application will be processed after deleting AADHAAR, provided valid POI/POA/PODOB other than AADHAAR copy are submitted/attached with this PAN query is Whats the exact issue?How to correct the changes or want to apply new again? Please guide me.Thanks,

Reported on  September 25, 2017 from Mathan K A

It seems you have uploaded the Aadhar document for the purpose of POI/POA/PDOB but your Aadhar has not been accepted for some reason of mismatch with the Aadhar database as per UIDAI. You are requested to kindly modify your online PAN Card application entry field where you provided the Aadhar details and instead put in

Proof of Identity (Copy of one of the below)

  1. Voter Identity Card
  2. Driving License^
  3. Passport ^
  4. Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
  5. Arm’s License
  6. Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or a State Government or a Public Sector Undertaking
  7. Pensioner Card having photograph of the applicant
  8. Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Heath Scheme photo card
  9. Ration Card having photograph of applicant
  10. Certificate of identity in original signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer Download Pdf

Proof of Date Of Birth (Copy of one of the below)

  1. Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority
  2. Pension Payment Order
  3. Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
  4. Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
  5. Matriculation certificate
  6. Domicile certificate issued
  7. Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth by the Government
  8. Driving License^
  9. Passport ^

Proof of Address (Copy of one of the below)

  1. Elector's Photo Identity Card
  2. Driving License^
  3. Passport ^
  4. Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
  5. Bank Account Statement/Passbook*
  6. Credit Card Statement*
  7. Landline telephone or broadband connection bill^
  8. Passport of the Spouse^
  9. Post office pass book having address of the applicant
  10. Electricity Bill*
  11. Depository Account Statement^
  12. Latest Property Tax Assessment Order
  13. Domicile certificate issued by the Government
  14. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old
  15. Property registration document

Answered by Dheeman Ghosh, Senior Associate , IPAIDABRIBE

  • 7 years ago

Sir, My mother in law who is staying alone in Palani harassed by a near by tea shop owner filed a case against him in the local police station. But they people did not do a proper inquiry. It was dumped by the local influence or money. This was knowing the fact that we are staying far away and will not be available for the immediate assistance. They also seek money from her. Where should we seek justice and proper inquiry.Can You guide me. Expecting your kind intervention

Reported on  September 20, 2017 from Vinesh

Please call on the Superintendent of Police, Dindigul District and tender a written petition explaining your grievances. This will yield better results than if you send a complaint to him by post or email.

  • 7 years ago

I live in an apartment building called Kaustubham located on Tata Silk Farm 1st main road. Basavanagudi. We applied for and received one Cauvery water connection for this apartment in 1996. We find this connection in inadequate to meet our requirements. Can we apply for another connection and if so what is the procedure to be followed . Would be grateful for information and advice as to how to proceed in the matter without resorting to payment of illegal gratification

Reported on  September 20, 2017 from A Arjunan

The BWSSB does not sanction multiple connections to an individual for the same address. The question of paying illegal gratification does not arise. You are not entitled to the service you seek. Please recall the fact that water is a scarce resource and we must use it economically and prudently.

  • 7 years ago

We are been asked bribe for processing e-khata in Yamar Panchayat, We are determined not to pay bribe. How do we make these people work without bribe? Does this site help us any way?

Reported on  September 18, 2017 from Amitansu Mahapatra

I assume that you are referring to Yamare Panchayat in Anekal taluk of Bangalore Urban district. You can give a written complaint to the Deputy Commissioner Bangalore Urban, Bangalore. I am sure you will get redress.

  • 7 years ago

What is the IPS and how do we join the IPS?

Reported on  September 13, 2017 from A CITIZEN

IPS is short for Indian Police Service. It is one of the three all-India services of the government of India; the other two being the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Forest Service (IFS). It is a general pool from which police officers are drawn and sent out to serve in senior posts all over the country.

First you have to sit for the preliminary examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Dates and venue are published from time to time in local and national newspapers. If you pass that you can sit for the main written examination.

If you clear the written examination you are interviewed by an interview board. When you are selected you are asked to indicate which central service you would like to join - the Foreign Service, the Administrative Service, the Police, Forest or Revenue. Only if you score very high marks will get your choice of service, because allotments to different civil services are merit-based.

  • 7 years ago

How can one become a police officer? - Monthly Question by our Expert

Reported on  September 13, 2017 from A CITIZEN OF INDIA

There are three levels at which you can join the force. At the state level you can join either as a constable and go up to Inspector of Police or you can join at Sub-Inspector level and get promoted all the way up to Superintendent of Police in charge of a district.

Constables and sub-inspectors have to take a written entrance test. If you pass you have to go for a physical test. If that is cleared then you are called for an interview. Then you go through a medical check-up to see if you are medically fit and only then is the final selection done.

IPS officers on the other hand are recruited at the central level and ranks begin as Assistant Superintendent of Police.

  • 7 years ago

My dream was to become a Police officer, now I am 29 and completed my graduation. i really don't have anyone to guide to achieve my passion to be a police officer. can you please assist me an opportunity to accomplish my dream.

Reported on  August 22, 2017 from Bharath Narayanan

Dear Bharath, in case you are from Karnataka, you can check – provisions in Karnataka- appointment of police sub inspectors (qualifications, age etc) Rules will change from tate to state. So I would request you to find the Police department website similarly for your concerned state

  • 7 years ago

There is big corruption and malpractice in primary agriculture cooperative society under the name of pradhan mantra fisal bima yojana. Neervallur agriculture cooperative society , kanchipuram district, tamilnadu. they are cheating the farmers in insurance claims.corrupation charge againstNEERVALUR PRIMARY AGRICULTURE CREDIT SOCIETYNEERVALUR - 602108 KANCHIPURAM DISTRICTTAMILNADU.

Reported on  August 18, 2017 from Rajasekar

Primary agriculture cooperative societies in Tamil Nadu are under the jurisdiction of the Cooperative Department. Since your complaint pertains to a cooperative society in Kancheepuram district, you can make a written complaint to the jurisdictional officer. There are 2 Deputy Registrars in the district:

Deputy Registrar (Chengalpattu),

No.B-83, Azhagesan Nagar,

Chengalpattu-603 001, Kancheepuram District.

Phone : 04427431493

Deputy Registrar ( Kancheepuram),

Ellappa Nagar 3rd Street, (Opp. to Collectorate),

Kancheepuram – 631 501.

Phone : 04427238920

  • 7 years ago

My father in law wants to give Power of attorney to his Son to sell his flat in Mumbai, but every lawyer I spoke to is asking me for the out of pocket expense to please the sub registrar. The flat to be sold is in Mumbai and we are staying in Bangalore. Please help

Reported on  August 8, 2017 from Vandana Pandey

On no account should you pay money to the lawyer for “pleasing the sub registrar”. This is a bribe. Registration of property transactions in Maharashtra is transparent as many processes have been digitized. There is public data entry where information can be uploaded online from any place and not necessarily the Sub Registrar’s office. You can also book an appointment with the Sub Registrar online for registering the transaction. There is also provision for anytime and anywhere payment of stamp duty and registration fees. All these procedures have been introduced to speed up the process and prevent corruption.

  • 7 years ago

I live in my own house in Doddabommasanadra, which is situated in Bengaluru-North region. My house currently is a single floor building, hence I have plans to construct one more floor(i.e. making my house a Ground + First floor building) on the existing structure. I kindly request you to provide me with information regarding BESCOM electricity meter and BWSSB water meter for an under construction building.

Reported on  August 7, 2017 from Jithin Gopal

For Electricity meter -


12660 or 9844244638, 080-22287118, 080-22287119, 080-22356627

For Water Meter:

Prescribed forms for Water Supply and Under Ground Drainage are available for Rs.100/- each at service stations, Divisional -Executive Engineer and Sub Divisional Assistant Executive Engineer’s office covering your area.

- Prescribed fees vary depending on the size of the plot and height of the building. It includes inspection charges, separate prorata charges for water supply and UGD.

- Documents to be enclosed: road cutting endorsement from BBMP or local body, tax paid receipt, copy of the sanctioned plan issued by BMP/BDA/Gram Panchayat/ or CMC and in some cases even occupancy certificate must be enclosed.

- Application along with other documents can be submitted either directly or through a licensed plumber at the office of the Assistant Executive Engineer, in the concerned sub-division.

- Time limit for delivery of service varies from 7 days to 15 days depending on the size of the plot and the number of floors.

Posted by Dheeman Ghosh , Senior Associate- IPaidABribe