Dr. Malati Das

Former IAS Officer & Chief Secretary
Planning & Statistics

Dr Malati Das has worked as an IAS officer in the state of Karnataka. She retired as Chief Secretary. As Additional Chief Secretary, Planning and Statistics, she developed the conceptual framework, and managed the preparation of the Karnataka Human Development Report 2005. As Secretary, Women and Child Development, she developed a gender action plan for the state known as the Karnataka Women's Development Plan. Dr. Das has worked with the World Bank as a consultant in Ethiopia, Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bangalore, and currently she is an advisor with Janaagraha

Dr. S.T. Ramesh

Former DG & IG, Karnataka

Dr S.T. Ramesh worked as an IPS officer in the state of Karnataka. He retired as the DGP of Karnataka in 2011. He was the Central Intelligence Office, Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, Deputy IG CID, & IG Police Computer Wing & State Crime Record Bureau, where he digitized the crime record of Karnataka. He represented India for various overseas programs related to police & security, including the Atlanta Olympics, 1996. He has also received various accolades viz. the President's Police Medal for Meritorious Service – Independence Day 1995, President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service – Independence Day 2007
  • 25 days ago

We have a residenceal apartment , I get the tax fixed for that I am scared to reach ARO (Area revenue officer)because they demand huge bribe to fix tax

Posted on January 30, 2018 by Vinay

You cannot put off getting the tax assessed for your apartment because of your apprehensions that someone in the ARO’s office will demand a bribe. Please acquaint yourself with the procedures and then visit the office and ensure that the work is done. If you are harassed for bribes, then you should complain to the supervisory officer. In this case, the Revenue Officer or escalate the matter to the Commissioner of the Municipality concerned.

  • 28 days ago

I am looking at a land parcel around navi mumbai near panvel side but its an agriculture land so what i want to know is that do i need to convert it commercial land ? to carry out commercial activity or is there some kind of a ruling which has come into effect that doesn't need you to convert it into NA Land because my broker is saying that the ruling has changed. According to him the mentioned land is in the industrial area so the conversion is not required? kindly answer asap

Posted on January 27, 2018 by Tarang

Please ask your broker to provide you with the requisite Government notifications converting the land from agricultural to non-agricultural land. If there is no such notification, you will have to follow the procedures for conversion of land from agricultural to commercial use.

  • 2 months ago

One of my close friend is working in Govt. Agriculture department in Indore (M.P.) area. His boss is a corrupt person and wastes the govt. money on un-productive measures, i.e. he spends too much money in partying in 5-start hotels from govt. money. As a result of which there is money shortage in his govt. department and bill payment gets extensively delayed. Along with this he has bought so many items from govt. money which are never used, this is a clear sign of wastage of govt. money.

Posted on January 05, 2018 by Royal Ninja

Please get in touch with the following by way of a written complaint supported by documentary and/or electronic evidence. Vague, unsubstantiated allegations will not be taken seriously by the authorities:

Principal Secretary, Agriculture :


Deputy Secretary:



You can also address the Lokayukta:Procedure for complaints-

  • 3 months ago

Dear Expert,I am a resident of Bangalore, Karnataka and am currently purchasing a new car. Since my first car has an even registration number, for the second car I want an odd registration number. The Sales person says he shall ensure that, but I have to pay INR 5000 and no receipt will be given. If I want a receipt, it will cost INR 20000. This clearly seems like a case of corrupt practice, or am I wrong. An explanation or alternative would be welcome. I do not wish to pay a bribe.

Posted on December 05, 2017 by Sadiq Rangwala

A prescribed fee is charged by the RTO if a citizen wants a specific registration number. Please visit your jurisdictional RTO, pay the prescribed fee and get the number of your choice by following the procedure. You don’t have to go through the salesperson but access the RTO directly.

  • 3 months ago

Where to seek redress in case of suppliers paying bribes in corporate? I hail from an MNC involved in tobacco manufacturing and am ready to disclose details on bribery that has been going on since 2015 here in Mumbai?

Posted on November 28, 2017 by Dindayal Sharma

Please verify if your organization has a Code of Conduct policy in place which protects whistleblowers , similar to ITC India-

Alternatively, your organization probably has some sort of agency/individual in place to look into cases of corruption and you can approach that agency/individual with your complaint.

  • 3 months ago

My Parents are staying at their home in Jamshedpur since 1964. The building was too old and I had to do re-modification of the building. But after starting the work, suddenly 2 police officer came & ask my father to come to police station at evening. At the evening my father met with the Daroga and he asked for some "Kharcha Pani". He told that somebody has filed a complaint. But he refused to share the name of the person & what was the complaint. Please suggest what should we do...

Posted on November 28, 2017 by Kalyan Kar

The police have no powers in the above matter. You are not expected to pay any police officer in cash or kind. Please meet a senior police officer of the rank of SP or above in Jamshedpur, present a written complaint narrating the facts with all details and demand action against the concerned Daroga and other police officers. 

  • 3 months ago

Dear Sir/Ma,am,I Siddharth Kanojia, Assistant Professor and Head-Placements, would like to get associated with IPAB for prospective internships and recruitments of law students as I personally believe that this is a great platform wherein the students can learn and contribute their efforts for the well-being of the community.I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Posted on November 24, 2017 by Siddharth Kanojia

You can directly write in to our HR at

  • 3 months ago

Hi,I have bought a plot in hosur (Tamilnadu) from well known developer which office located at bangalore. They are asking to pay unofficial charges(bribe) 12000/- during registration of plots. i am not ready to pay any bribe. Kindly help me out to whom i will complain about the same.Thanks and RegardsSanjeev

Posted on November 19, 2017 by Sanjeev Kumar Choudhary

You can directly approach the Tamil Nadu Registration Department by taking an appointment online at , instead of paying the bribe to the developer

  • 4 months ago

My passport verification process after a month and half is still showing "police verification report for passport application is under review at RPO ". am from nandyal town (andhra pradesh) our local rpo is vizag

Posted on November 09, 2017 by Sanjeev

Please wait for another 15 days and if there is no progress, try and meet the RPO at Vizag.

  • 4 months ago

City: Bangalore; State; Karnataka; Institution: Sub Registrar's office; Dept: Registration and StampsDear Sir/Madam, I'm planning to buy an apt and register the same at the Sub Registrar's office, Varthur. Though I haven't gone to the office yet, the experiences on this forum about the general environment at the SRO office paint a very grim picture of the office. Kindly advise from your experience what could I do get the work done WITHOUT PAYING A BRIBE. Thanks, Deepak

Posted on November 09, 2017 by Deepak Agrawal

Please visit and check all the FAQs related to purchase and registrations of flats as given in the link : . You can also do anytime -anywhere registration and not just at Varthur. Armed with this information and the determination not to pay bribes, you should be able to get your work done expeditiously